From APEC HRDWG Wiki
Contributing and Editing pages
While the APEC Human Resource Development Working Group Knowledge Bank Wiki is open for the public to view, only invited guests can contribute to this site. If you are interested in contributing to this site or are having trouble logging in, please email Aaron Neumann (ANeumann@seiservices.com).
You must be logged in to the Wiki to edit pages. Once you are logged in, click the "Edit" tab at the top of the page to begin editing a page. For specific editing help, please follow this link: Editing Help. Contributors are also encouraged to follow the guidelines under the wiki contributor guidelines.
Once you have an account on the APEC HRDWG wiki, you can log in to contribute and edit the Wiki. If you have any trouble with your account, please contact Aaron Neumann (ANeumann@seiservices.com). To request an account goto: http://www.apecknowledgebank.org/requestWiki.aspx
To log in to your account, click the log in/create account in the upper right-hand corner of the page. If you are already logged in, the link will not be shown, rather there will be several links at the top of the page, starting with your username.
If you want to log out of the Wiki, click the log out link at the top right corner of the page. Once you log out you will be unable to edit pages or upload files until you log in again.
Changing your password
Logged In accounts
- When you are logged in, click the My Preferences link at the top of the page.
- Click the "User Profile" tab and scroll down to Change Password
- Enter your current password in the "Old Password" box.
- Enter your desired password in the "New Password" box.
- Retype your new password in the box provided.
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
From the log in/create account screen
If you have forgotten your password and need it reset, go to the log in/create account screen and enter your username, then click E-mail password. A new password will be sent to the e-mail address associated with your wiki account.
Your account is associated with an e-mail address. This allows you to reset your password, receive e-mails when pages you are watching are edited, and interact with other users.
Validating your e-mail address
In order to use the interactive features of the site, you need to validate your e-mail. To do so:
- Go to the My Preferences link at the top of the page
- Select the User Profile tab
- Scroll down to the E-mail section and click the "Confirm your E-mail address" link.
- You will receive an e-mail at the associated e-mail address with instructions for confirming your address
Changing your e-mail address
- Click on the my preferences link at the top of the page
- Click on the User Profile tab
- Enter a new E-mail address
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the page
- You will receive a confirmation message at the new e-mail address. Follow the instructions in that message to complete the validation process.